In case you missed it, all organisations trading within and with the EU will be subject to new GDPR legislation which means, basically, that the law is given even more protection to individuals when it comes to companies being dicks with their data (technical term that).
We’re no different, even as a wee production company. So in order for us to send you cool news, very occasionally, we have to have your permission.
- What is the name of our organisation
- What information is being collected?
Email address and phone number, though the phone number is only for texts in 99% of cases.
- Who is collecting it?
We are, via a web form.
Mailchimp will be doing it for us too.
- How is it collected?
We are collecting it through our website using both Contact Form 7 with Flamingo and Visual Form Builder
We are also using MailChimp, or will be soon.
- Why is it being collected?
Because we’re sociable and like to share news and anything else that might be interesting.
- How will it be used?
We’ll email you.
- Who will it be shared with?
No one, No one is getting your data off us, that’s for sure.
- What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
You’ll get an interesting email occasionally.
- Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
We hope not. Someone would have had to have pissed in your steam iron to make you so grumpy that you want to object to a lovely wee email. Just ignore it if you’re not interested, or …
- Make sure individuals know they can withdraw consent at any time, and how they can do this.
… fire us an email to ask us to delete your details. We have them stored in two locations so that’s easy enough.
- We must actively ask people to opt in. No sneaky pre-ticked boxes here.
Yep, that’s done.
- How will we record the evidence of consensual opt in?
Flamingo & Visual Form Builder on our website and Mailchimp as a third party.